Acrylic lace loom with set placings for graduated butterflies.
Teneriffe Lace Loom #17 has hole configurations for three different butterfly shapes – great for stand-alone motifs for embellishment or to join with other motifs for larger pieces.
Includes 3 patterns
Teneriffe Lace is one of the simplest forms of needle lace. The main ways of connecting the threads is by a simple knot and then darning (needle weaving) to create solid areas. By making small, individual pieces of lace, that are later joined together if a larger piece is required, the work isn't as daunting as other forms of lace making!
In lace making, it is always spelt 'Teneriffe'. This is because the island of Tenerife used to have two f's in the spelling. That changed with time, but the lace did not.
Loom #17 has been designed to create graduated butterflies. The loom has holes for 3 sizes of butterfly – each shaped slightly differently. This unique loom enables you to work varied butterfly shapes with stunning results, works great for inclusions or stand alone motifs.
- Each loom is designed to fit in the hand, with numbered handles for easy reference.
- Looms have different hole configurations allowing different designs to be worked
- The violet colour helps to avoid eye strain when working with white and other pale colours traditionally used in lace-making
- Peg allows the loom to be secured to the Gina-B Silkworks' Total Trimmings Table Deluxe
- Use anywhere - no need for pins or cushions, although they can be used if the maker prefers
- 7cm - 40 holes
- 5.5cm - 34 holes
- 4cm - 24 holes