Make lace in black and other dark colours more easily using these white lace looms.
Black lace always seems special - and using black or other dark threads to make Teneriffe Lace is no exception. Using a white loom to contrast with the darker thread makes the creation much easier. Includes new patterns for use on Looms #1 & #3
Teneriffe Lace is one of the simplest forms of needle lace. The main ways of connecting the threads is by a simple knot and then darning (needle weaving) to create solid areas. By making small, individual pieces of lace, that are later joined together if a larger piece is required, the work isn't as daunting as other forms of lace making!
In lace making, it is always spelt 'Teneriffe'. This is because the island of Tenerife used to have two f's in the spelling. That changed with time, but the lace did not.
- 2 Acrylic looms with handle & holes to make Teneriffe Lace medallions in 4 sizes
- Kit contains threads and patterns to get you started
- Also contains curved needle to make working lace lace even easier
- Take anywhere - no need for pins or cushions
- Create medallions that can be used on their own or joined to make larger pieces of lace
Full instructions and patterns for both looms are included in the kit so that even a beginner can learn
- Each loom is designed to fit in the hand, with numbered handles for easy reference.
- Looms have different hole configurations allowing different designs to be worked
- The white looms helps to avoid eye strain when working with black and other dark colours
- Take anywhere - no need for pins or cushions, although they can be used if the maker prefers
The looms included in this kit are for making medallions, with the following holes & size configurations:
- 8cm - 48 holes
- 6cm - 48 holes
- 4.5cm - 24 holes
- 2.5cm - 24 holes
- 8cm - 64 holes
- 6cm - 32 holes
- 4.5cm - 32 holes
- 2.5cm - 16 holes
Click here to watch a tutorial!