In this handbook you will learn how to make 20 different petals, leaves and centres using traditional passementerie techniques.
These techniques are then brought together in the projects section with clear and concise instructions to create 16 beautiful flowers designed by Gina Barrett and inspired by the English Countryside.
Creating flowers using wire and silk thread has a very long history. From medieval shrines covered in tiny flowers to floral arrangements and dress trimmings, the techniques haven't changed much over the centuries.
This handbook takes you through some of the many traditional passementerie techniques used with clear instructions and illustrations throughout. Tools and materials (including recommendations for alternatives to silk thread) are discussed, and hints and tips are also given for variations of the flower projects.
The flower projects bring together all of the techniques to create pretty flowers inspired by the English countryside. The flowers included in this handbook are:
Dog Rose, Tulip, Crocus, Pheasant's Eye, Celandine, Ox Eye Daisy, Primrose, Hellebore, Flax, Wood Violet, Heartsease, Field Poppy, Bluebell, Small Daffodil, Iris and Cornflower.
The handbook is A5 size and spiral bound, allowing it to lie flat on your work surface while working.
These pretty flowers can be used for some many different things today - home decor, bridal bouquets, dress embellishment, jewellery, and so much more. Why not learn a new (old!) craft today?
- Learn how to make 20 different petals, leaves and centres
- Clear and concise instructions to create 16 beautiful flowers inspired by the English countryside
- Hints and tips throughout for variations
- Information about tools, materials and preparation
- Comprehensive handbook
- Learn wrapping, cartouchage, cartisane and twisted wire techniques
- Spiral bound so that the pages lie flat while working from it
- Perfect for home decor, bridal bouquets, embellishments, jewellery and so much more
Ganutell Country Flowers Handbook
209 colour illustrations
81 black & white illustrations
While stocks last: Each book will be supplied with a free brass rolling rod, to allow you to make your own perl wire.