Acrylic Lace loom to create diamond insert shapes in 2 sizes. This shape can be used to join 4 medallions
Teneriffe Lace is one of the simplest forms of needle lace. The main ways of connecting the threads is by a simple knot and then darning (needle weaving) to create solid areas. By making small, individual pieces of lace, that are later joined together if a larger piece is required, the work isn't as daunting as other forms of lace making!
In lace making, it is always spelt 'Teneriffe'. This is because the island of Tenerife used to have two f's in the spelling. That changed with time, but the lace did not.
Loom #5 has been designed to create a small diamond shaped insert (in 2 sizes) that can be used to join 4 medallions. This is a great way to build up larger pieces of lace
- Each loom is designed to fit in the hand, with numbered handles for easy reference.
- Looms have different hole configurations allowing different designs to be worked
- The violet colour helps to avoid eye strain when working with white and other pale colours traditionally used in lace-making
- Peg allows the loom to be secured to the Gina-B Silkworks' Total Trimmings Table Deluxe
- Use anywhere - no need for pins or cushions, although they can be used if the maker prefers
Loom #5: Diamond insert
- 5.5cm - 32 holes
- 4cm - 16 holes