The Teneriffe Lace edition of this project book is full of patterns and ideas for Teneriffe lace and comes with Loom #11 - to make heart shaped lace
Teneriffe Lace is one of the simplest forms of needle lace. The main ways of connecting the threads is by a simple knot and then darning (needle weaving) to create solid areas. By making small, individual pieces of lace, that are later joined together if a larger piece is required, the work isn't as daunting as other forms of lace making!
In lace making, it is always spelt 'Teneriffe'. This is because the island of Tenerife used to have two f's in the spelling. That changed with time, but the lace did not.
Total Trimmings Project Book Edition 1 : Teneriffe Lace
With more than 40 patterns, both traditional and modern, this project book will help to make the most of your Gina-B Silkworks' Teneriffe Lace Looms
A selection of projects will show you how to use pieces of lace - ideas include home decor, jewellery, embellishments and more.
The technical section includes back to basics, taking you through the process of making Teneriffe lace for the first time. There is also information on joining, insetting, starching and stiffening your lace.
Included with the project book is Loom #11 - create heart shaped pieces of lace! Besides hearts, the shape can be used as butterflies or 4 can be joined to create doileys...
Note: This loom is not available individually.
- Each loom is designed to fit in the hand, with numbered handles for easy reference
- Looms have different hole configurations allowing different designs to be worked
- The violet colour helps to avoid eye strain when working with white and other pale colours traditionally used in lace-making
- Peg allows the loom to be secured to the Gina-B Silkworks' Total Trimmings Table Deluxe
- Take anywhere - no need for pins or cushions, although they can be used if the maker prefers
Loom #11: Heart :2 sizes
- 7cm - 48 holes
- 5cm - 26 holes